Pupil Deprivation Grant
Ysgol Tremoilet Tremoilet School
Ysgol Wirfoddol Rheoledig Voluntary Controlled School
School PDG Statement
The Pupil Deprivation Grant (PDG) is allocated to schools with pupils who come from low income families and are currently known to be eligible for free school meals (e-FSM) and pupils who have been looked after continuously for more than six months (LAC).
Schools are expected to make the best use of this funding to implement sustainable strategies that will quickly bring about changes for learners eligible for free school meals or who are LAC.
As a school we have agreed the following three steps:
1. to identify the target group of pupils, its characteristics and needs
2. to plan interventions which make the most effective use of resources
3. to monitor and evaluate the impact of resources
Last year (2016-2017) Tremoilet School utilised the funding to employ an additional Teaching Assistant to help with the delivery of Intervention Programmes.
A thorough analysis was undertaken of the National Testing in May 2016 and pupils who required additional support were highlighted.
TA's were trained in the Catch Up Literacy and Numicon Intervention Programmes.
The above programmes were timetabled across the school week.
Initial assessment of pupil skills were undertaken and pupils were re-assessed periodically throughout the year to measure progress.
Parents received feedback on their children's development.
This year we have been provided with a PDG allocation of £4,200
At Ysgol Tremoilet VCP School we have a comprehensive plan, agreed and monitored by Carmarthenshire Local Authority and ERW, to promote progress and remove barriers to learning for students eligible for this funding.
We plan to use the funding available to:
- Provide intervention and support programmes in Speech and Language, Social Skills, Catch-up Literacy and Numeracy Intervention through Numicon that are proven to have the greatest impact and to be sustainable.
- Implement and use data tracking systems to identify learners’ needs, target interventions and monitor impact.
Our detailed plan which includes details in respect to how we’re spending the grant is available on request.
Should you have any queries regarding the above, please contact the Headteacher.